The Litch Line #2 – Recap of Mother’s Day: I’d Light Your Crack Pipe
Join Alex and Bri as they revisit their friends at Litchfield. This is our recap of the first episode of the third season, Mother’s Day, which finds the inmates and staff trying to find a new normal in the aftermath of Vee, Fig and Rosa’s departures. Topics include:
- Caputo’s attempt to create a Montessori version of Litchfield.
- Did Pennsatucky’s mom create the earliest documented use of Go-Go juice?
- The thematic differences between season 2 and 3 premieres.
- The different ways motherhood is perceived by prisoners, their kids and society.
- Why prison is Twitter writ large.
- Prison religion.
- Our lack of interest so far in Piper and Alex.
We discussed My Chemical Romance, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Freakonomics, and as usual this episode features the music of Metric.
*Remember, this podcast is spoiler free. We won’t discuss future developments in the recap episodes and we have not read any news or rumors regarding the season.
The Litch Line is a fan podcast for the Netflix original show Orange is the New Black. Bri is a writer, Alex is a prisoner attorney, and together, we take you through Litchfield and beyond as we discuss narrative and justice. Get in contact with our voicemail line at (970) 510-6623, email feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org, and follow us at Twitter @thelitchline. This podcast is part of the What the Fangirl network.