The Litch Line #1 – Eat Pray Love, Prison Edition
Welcome to our inaugural podcast for Orange is the New Black, The Litch Line. On today’s episode we introduce (or reintroduce) ourselves and give our perspectives on the show. We are two women who are married, are both former English majors, who have another podcast (Other Side of the Mirror), who currently watch too much TV. Bri is a freelance writer who understands narrative. Alex is a lawyer who represents prisoners.
This podcast will discuss all episodes in sequence. Spoiler Alert: We take care to only discuss the previous episodes or the episode we’re discussing. We will not discuss events five episodes ahead, because we hate that just as much as you do!
On this episode we talk about the show and how releasing all episodes at once affects the cast and creative team and impacts the shared viewer experience. Other stuff we discuss includes:
- Jenji Kohan’s other show, Weeds
- Women in Heat!, the women-in-prison genre and how OINTB departs from it
- The peanut butter habits of Brooklyn Hipsters
- Team Piper, Team Larry and Team Alex
- Why Litchfield is no Eat, Pray, Love: Prison Edition
- Bennett, Daya and sex between inmates and guards
- New opportunities for women in the Golden age of TV
Pro-tip: For the ladies, it is always all about the Glasses.
The Litch Line is a fan podcast for the Netflix original show Orange is the New Black. Bri is a writer, Alex is a prisoner attorney, and together, we take you through Litchfield and beyond as we discuss narrative and justice. Get in contact with our voicemail line at (970) 510-6623, email feedback at email@example.com, and follow us at Twitter @thelitchline. This podcast is part of the What the Fangirl network.