Image Comics Women’s History Month Variant Proceeds to Go to Planned Parenthood
Image Comics celebrates it’s 25th anniversary with themed months all year long. Today, they announced they will release eleven variant covers in honor of Women’s History Month in March. These covers celebrate the history and careers of women in the comic book industry. 100% of the proceeds will be given to Planned Parenthood.
Image released the first five of the eleven covers today.
My only gripe about this is one of my favorite comics Saga will be on hiatus in March. I would have love to see a variant cover from Fiona Staples.
Remember that comic book stores order their covers in advance. If you wish to have these covers, let your local store know ASAP!
The Image Comics website gives more details about the covers:
Image Comics is pleased to reveal the first five of 11 variants planned for March’s 25th anniversary theme month—“Women’s History.” The variants will serve to celebrate the careers of women in comics, the strides made throughout comics history made by the women’s movement, and the company’s history of shaking up the status quo. 100% of the proceeds made from these March Women’s History variant covers will be donated to Planned Parenthood.
“Many of Image Comics’ staff—myself included—and an ever-growing catalog of some of the most talented writers and artists in the industry, feel strongly about supporting women’s reproductive rights,” said Corey Murphy, Director of Sales at Image Comics. “Women have come a long way in this country, and the progress that’s been made is in part due to the efforts Planned Parenthood has made in sex education and affordable, preventative healthcare. I’m extremely proud to be a part of a company that’s unafraid to take a stance in supporting a non-profit that’s recently been under fire. This month we celebrate Women’s History, the strides the women have made in the comics industry, and the difference that everyone—male and female—has made by coming together in spreading equality.”
Each month of Image’s 25th year will boast a theme for special anniversary variants, beginning with Wednesday, February 1st—the exact date of Image Comics’ founding in 1992, and the date of this year’s “Image Comics Day.”
Available in stores on Wednesday, March 1st:
- RAT QUEENS #1 by Kurtis J. Wiebe & Owen Gieni, variant artwork by Colleen Doran (Diamond Code DEC168662)
- ROYAL CITY #1 by Jeff Lemire, variant artwork by Emi Lenox (Diamond Code DEC168665)
Available in stores on Wednesday, March 8th:
- THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #27 by Kieron Gillen & Jamie McKelvie, variant artwork by Chynna Clugston-Flores (Diamond Code DEC168658)
- MOTOR CRUSH #4 by Brenden Fletcher, Cameron Stewart & Babs Tarr, variant artwork by Leslie Hung (Diamond Code DEC168659)
- EAST OF WEST #32 by Jonathan Hickman & Nick Dragotta, variant artwork by Meredith McClaren (Diamond Code DEC168668)
- LOW #16 by Rick Remender & Greg Tocchini, variant artwork by Vanesa R. Del Rey (Diamond Code DEC168663)
Available in stores on Wednesday, March 15th:
- MOONSHINE #6 by Brian Azzarello & Eduardo Risso, variant artwork by Jill Thompson (Diamond Code DEC168660)
Available in stores on Wednesday, March 22nd:
- SHE WOLF #7 by Rich Tommaso, variant artwork by Marian Churchland (Diamond Code DEC168661)
- MAGDALENA #1 by Tini Howard, Ryan Cady & Christian Dibari, variant artwork by Roberta Ingranata (Diamond Code DEC168666)
Available in stores on Wednesday, March 29th:
- MONSTRESS #11 by Marjorie Liu & Sana Takeda, variant artwork by Sanya Anwar (Diamond Code DEC168664)
- OLD GUARD #2 by Greg Rucka & Leandro Fernandez, variant artwork by Nicola Scott (Diamond Code DEC168667)
Source Image Comics Website